08 November 2007

OSSummit Postponed until Spring 2008



I found out today that the OSSummit (a merger of ApacheCon Asia and EclipseCon) has been postponed until Spring 2008 due to a low number of registrations. I have heard that other conferences experiencing the same issues upon first being held in Eastern Asia. I have been told by many people that Asian companies are not used to attending conferences, let alone paying for developers to attend. I believe that this is simply a new event to which Asian companies are not yet accustomed. Just like the United States and Europe, it will take a while for open source to catch on there.

Now I'm just hoping that the postponement won't place the OSSumit (in Hong Kong) next to the week of ApacheCon EU (in Europe) :-0.

No comments:

Post a Comment