18 December 2007

Apache ServiceMix @ JavaPolis 2007



Last week I was in Antwerp, Belgium to speak at JavaPolis 2007 about Apache ServiceMix. There were loads of good presentations and tons of people. This year JavaPolis set a new record for attends as there over 3200! And let me tell you, the place was packed! Yet another wonderful conference this year. Stephan and his team really do a fabulous job.

I got to meet many new folks and see a number of folks who I don't see that often including Dion and Bob who, oddly enough, both live on the West coast in California, and yet we all traveled half-way around the world before we saw one another. I hung out with my friend Oisín Hurley and his good friend Stephen McNamara and we had some wonderful dinners and spent some good time together.

I really enjoy Belgium and The Netherlands any time of year. It was cold and very damp but I still find that area of the world very intriguing. There is so much ornate architecture, artwork and extremely old buildings to be seen that are rich in history. This is very different from most of the U.S. because the U.S. is fairly young relatively speaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment