08 August 2008

Michael Franti and Spearhead at the Fox in Boulder



On Wednesday night Raible, Matt and me saw Michael Franti and Spearhead at the Fox Theatre in Boulder, CO. I've seen them now seven or eight times in the last few years and they never disappoint!

After dinner at the Centro Latin Kitchen, we headed to the hill to find parking around the Fox and get in to the see the show. On the way over, I heard a live performance on the radio by a band named Pictures & Sound that was very good. I recognized the band leader from his days in Blue Merle. Upon arriving at the Fox and navigating the sold out crowd to get a spot on the floor, I told the Matts about Pictures & Sound. Then about 10 minutes later, that very band appeared on stage and played their set to open for Spearhead! Ha! I guess I should've paid better attention to the giant marquee out front with the band names on it - LOL!

Needless to say, Michael Franti and Spearhead are a force! Every time I've seen them perform, they are in top form. While their recorded music is fantastic, seeing them live is soooooo much better. If you get a chance to hear them or see them, I highly, highly recommend it.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bruce! I enjoyed Franti's show on Wednesday as well! I'm trying to remember the cover song he played and who the orgiinal artist is... do you remember/know? or know how to get a setlist? thanks! :) elyana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I don't. Give it some time and we might see a recording (and therefore a set list) show up on archive.org ;-).

    ReplyDelete