07 August 2008

VMware Fusion 1.1.2 Shared Folders Issue



I just spent the last hour screwing around with VMWare Fusion 1.1.2 on MacOS X trying to get Shared Folders working. As VMWare booted Linux I'd see the message 'Mounting HGFS shares: [FAILED]'. I ran the vmware-config-tools.pl script and nothing changed. I rebooted the VM and nothing changed. So I began searching for other experiencing this issues.

After Googling around quite a bit, I located this forum discussion about how this is actually a bug that is fixed in 1.1.3. After uninstalling 1.1.2 and installing 1.1.3, the one catch was that I needed to install the newer version of the VMWare Tools. After doing this the I also had to install a newer version of the VMWare Tools (Virtual Machine->Install VMWare Tools). It simply offered a newer version so I installed it and ran the configure script again and finally saw the 'Mounting HGFS shares: [OK]' message - yay!

Now after nearly an hour of screwing around with this, it's back to work :-(.

No comments:

Post a Comment